The National Black Chamber of Commerce
Christine's Coffee Debuts October 15th
NBCC Fall Summit, Negril, Jamaica, October 28 - 30, 2004
World Conference of Mayors 20th Annual Convention, Trinidad/Tobago,
November 17 - 21, 2004
Kenya Trade Mission, January 5 - 12, 2005
1. Opportunities with US State Department: The Office of Overseas Buildings Operations, US Department of State, invites you to register for the 3rd Annual Industry Day being held on October 13, 2004 at the Ronald Reagan Building & International Center. This year's theme is "Building a New Generation of Embassies for America". This event will offer extraordinary networking opportunities and millions of dollars in contract opportunities. Any business looking to provide goods, services and construction to our embassies around the world (click here).
2. Presidential Fundraiser: The Friends of Woah-Tee for Liberia group will be hosting a fundraiser for the Honorable Dr. J. Mamadee Woah-Tee, Sr. who is running for the Presidency of Liberia. The affair will be held in Dallas, TX at the residence of Mr. E. Edward Okpa II on October 14, 2004. Those wishing to participate or contribute should call 703-753-8417. Dr. Woah-Tee spoke at our recent affair at the French Embassy.
3. Best Radio in the World: Here's a hot tip. In the day of conglomerate radio cartels, we have found a station that plays the best old school and contemporary soul/jazz. It is based in London, England and rocks 24/7/365. Simple go to www.jazzfm.com and click "listen" and enjoy the best free music available. Any pc with windows media player will work. IT'S A SMALL WORLD - THANK YOU LONDON!
4. In Memory of Del: A follow up to the untimely death of NBCC Board Member Del Bloomer. Via a paid advertisement by New York Life Insurance Co. in the September 13, 2004 edition of Newsweek Magazine an article on the status of the Bloomer Family was featured. Linda, Matthew and Maya Bloomer are doing financially well thanks to the efforts of New York Life Agent Gregory Clark who sold a very strong policy to Del before his sudden illness. We miss Del so much but it is warm to know that his widow and children are doing fine in spite of their love loss. God bless the Bloomers.
5. Negril is Revving Up: A sincere thanks to Altria for stepping up and sponsoring our Fall Summit in Negril, Jamaica, October 28 - 30, 2004. The agenda is getting very healthy (here) and you are encouraged to register immediately as rooms at the Negril Tree House Resort are filling up and the Air Jamaica planes are getting booked. Speakers representing the IMF, US Chamber of Commerce, Turner Construction, MBELDEF, SIFE, World Conference of Mayors, Caribbean Online and many other pertinent entities are confirmed. It is going to be the best yet!
6. Recognition to the NBCC: During Congressional Black Caucus Week in Washington, DC the National Black Chamber of Commerce was awarded the prestigious "Veterans Braintrust Award" for our advocacy on behalf of African American veterans. As both our Chairman and President/CEO are proud veterans themselves we consider this recognition quite special. The award was presented by Congresswoman Corrine Brown (Florida) and Congressman Sanford D. Bishop, Jr.
Until next week,
Harry C. Alford
National Black Chamber of Commerce
1350 Connecticut Avenue NW Suite 405, Washington DC 20036
FAIR USE NOTICE
This site may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of political, human rights, economic, democracy, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.